|Posted by vking on April 2, 2015 at 9:55 PM|
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of the roots; And the Spirit of the Lord that rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; Isaiah 11: 1 & 2...but please continue through to the end of the eleventh chapter.
Welcome to Good Friday!
Before I start our prayer request listing, let me say again that the above reading happened when I just opened my bible and read what 'popped out' at me. Isn't God good? This chapter is perfect for today's blog entry.
Here are the prayer requests I received today:
1) Pray for rest and recuperation of a new dog to the family. The dog was attacked by animals, but was taken to the vet and received immediate care. Now the new family pet just needs to get some tender loving care from the owners until it recovers.
2) Pray for peace and serenity to those suffering mental illnesses, addictions and how these affect their families. It's as if they whole family was suffering right with the person who has the illness. Everything stops until the illness and/or addiction can get under control. This can happen to anyone. No one's immune. It requires patience, love and lots of prayer for all the family.
3) Pray for strength to mothers in particular, but I am sure fathers are in this same situation, to do their best to reign in their instinct to 'solve' their 'children's' problems, situations, questionable life choices. Let God into the sphere and take total control. Believe me...I know a little bit about this one. Our 'children' love us dearly, but they seriously need us to back off. It's not like when they were young and a new Barbie would solve the girl's problem or a new Mattel racing car would solve the boy's problem. We've done our job...let the Lord take it from here.
4) Pray for protection from the enemy seeking to ruin our testimony, to have us question our religion, think there is no hope. Here is a verse that has been running over and over in my head. 'Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.' 1 Chronicles 16:22
5) Pray for family and financial stability. 'And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee, and thou shall glorify me.' Psalm 50:15
Alright...there you are.
Lord, hear our cries to you...give us the strength to keep placing one foot in front of the other. Give us the peace that surpasses all understanding. Help us to grow in faith and knowledge of you. Help us to remember that through it all...your grace is sufficient. Help us to continue to seek your will through all that we do. We know that all will work out according to how you have our lives planned. Help us to trust you, even when we don't understand.
In Jesus Christ name we all pray...AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.
Have an awesome weekend! and for Sunday...Happy Resurrection Day!!
Categories: Specific Biblical References